Nok Air is restarting international services with a flight from Bangkok (Don Muang Airport) to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in Vietnam. Nok Air previously operated flights to Hanoi. The special introductory fares start from 999 Baht and include 30 kg checked-in luggage. The flights to Ho Chi Minh City will start on October 1st, 2015. [Read more…]
Budget Airlines in Vietnam
Budget airlines based in Vietnam:
Budget airlines operating in Vietnam:
VietJetAir to fly HCMC – Hai Phong
Low-cost Vietnamese airline VietJetAir has announced a new route from Ho Chi Minh City to Hai Phong. They will operate one round-trip flight per day starting on October 1, 2012.
The outbound flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Hai Phong will depart at 9:50am. The return flight from Hai Phong to Ho Chi Minh City will depart at 12:20pm.
Pritam Singh, Deputy General Director of VietJetAir, said, “VietJetAir has made a buzz on the market for its flexible, big sale promotions and creative high-quality flight services. We highly appreciate passengers’ valuable feedbacks for a hope of making VietJetAir the favourable airline in Vietnam and the region. We will soon launch more domestic routes and international flights to better cater for increasing travel demand of Vietnamese and international tourists as well as calling for more investment and trade into the country.”
Online booking is available through the VietJetAir website and one-way promotional fares start from just VND 19,000 ($1 USD) plus taxes.
Jetstar Pacific now majority-owned by Vietnam Airlines
After months of rumors about ownership restructuring, it has been announced that Vietnam Airlines will become the new majority stake-holder in budget airline Jetstar Pacific. Vietnam Airlines will hold approximately 70% of the shares with Australian Qantas holding the other 30%.
“This partnership brings together the proven low cost model of Jetstar with the unique local knowledge and existing networks of national carrier Vietnam Airlines,” Qantas chief Alan Joyce said in a statement.
Under the new structure, the struggling Jetstar Pacific airline will receive $25 million in funding to upgrade its fleet. The new Jetstar pacific CEO and Chairman are expected to be named in the following weeks.